Printed June 10, 2022 at 2:30 pm
A sketch of what the renovated Carmen Corbasson Neighborhood Middle will seem like when accomplished. (Picture: Metropolis of Mississauga)
The a lot anticipated renovation of the Carmen Corbasson Neighborhood Middle in south Mississauga has been placed on maintain.
Mississauga has delayed the mission till later this yr to permit residents to make use of the power and packages all through the summer season months.
Initially it was meant to shut on June 20 and is about to re-open once more in two years.
The Cawthra Rd. facility, which was constructed 50 years in the past in 1972 and is situated simply south of the QEW, was renamed to honor the late former Metropolis Councilor Carmen Corbasson who died in 2012.
When accomplished, the $40-million renovation mission will add more room to the prevailing facility in addition to:
- a health middle with cardio machines, weights and health studio with wooden sprung ground
- a brand new aquatics middle with a 25-metre, six-lane pool and a heat water remedy pool
- a brand new multi-purpose house
- enhancements to current multi-purpose areas
- renovations to the indoor enviornment
- improved connections to the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre
- improved sustainable and accessible design requirements
insauga’s Editorial Requirements and Insurance policies